moderated Re: Case Study: Colosseum at Night

Dan Margulis

On Jun 21, 2020, at 7:38 AM, Paco <paco@pacomarquez.com> wrote:

Why the need to work so fast on these exercises? I'm in the group to learn and have fun. I've enough pressure from clients wanting everything for yesterday! For me these exercises are a distraction, a challenge and a way to learn from others; done for fun and not competition.

I realize upon rereading that this is referring to the amount of time a person spends working on a single image, but already I have at least two complaints/comments offline about the fact that there’s one of these exercises a week and they should be more spaced out.

I would say that this comment should really be addressed to the coronavirus and not me. Moderators had been discussing implementing some case studies ever since we moved the list here. Roberto started the ball rolling with his Carnival image and then, based on comments from list members, I put together a schedule of ten exercises that I think hangs together well as a group and illustrates a whole lot of interesting points. For example this Colosseum image may not look much like Cinque Terre but it has some critical elements in common.

Ten is a lot, but if we don’t get through them at a time when many of us are stuck at home, then when? It would be very hard for me to do this if I were on the road using a laptop.

Nobody’s holding a gun to anyone’s head and telling them they must submit an entry each week. If it’s fun for you, do it; if you want to skip a week, do that, and it will all be over in the first week of August.

With that, I confirm receipt of entries from the following:
BB
GeB
SB
BC