moderated Re: Case Study: Colosseum at Night

Robert Wheeler

Dan,
Although unsharp mask is not permitted, does the addition of "or similar" mean that all sharpening methods are prohibited? My presumption has been that unsharp mask allows flexibility in radius and amount that, when pushed hard, generate artistic effects beyond what we think of as sharpening. I have assumed that using either of the two sharpening actions from the PPW panel, Topaz Sharpen AI, or other methods aimed at sharpening for screen display would be acceptable as part of a usual correction workflow, but the "or similar" wording prompts this inquiry while we are working on the Colosseum image.

Thanks,

Robert Wheeler