Re: Carnival: what's next?

James Gray

I am in favor of more case studies.  Even though I did not participate in the Carnival challenge, I always learn from what the participants do and the many comments, especially, yours, Dan.

James Gray

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 9:46 AM Dan Margulis via groups.io <dmargulis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

It’s true that this is a very atypical image. OTOH it represents a category that we are probably seeing more of: a job where technical limitations (in this case, a lack of gamut) make it impossible to achieve what we would like (in this case, matching an extremely intense red). People who don’t understand the process give the work to us to figure out what is and is not possible. And not just to execute, but to explain.

This brings up the question of whether to do more case studies. I’m still stuck at home and so are many of us so it could probably be done. Then again many of us are not necessarily in the mood for such diversions. I’ve got more than enough interesting images but what we would need is interested people, since it takes an effort to run these case studies. So I ask now whether the list would like to see more of them. I won’t be offended if the answer is no.