Chapter 12 in the Chevreul Book

James Gray

I know that the intent of the book is not get into discussions about how to use Photoshop tools or actions to accomplish what you and Chevreul are recommending.  Nevertheless, I am curious how to meld this with the PPW panel and other Photoshop tools.  On page 197 you are clearly describing the MMM action.  I think it is apparent that figure 12.11B is what you can do with the color boost in the PPW panel.   Am I right to assume that the modifications in figure 12.13B are due to the use of HIRALOAM sharpening of the A and B channels of LAB color mode?  It seems like the radius would be larger than what the PPW sharpen action default to.  I hope I am not missing something about the difference between emphasizing contrast symmetrically and asymmetrically.

James Gray