Question on Chevreul item #76

lisanh1@...

I just got my book delivered today and read through Chapter One.  Maybe I'll find the answer further along, but I thought that I would ask anyway:  I am confused by a sentence in Chevreul's #76 in chapter one, on p. 12  second column first full paragraph where he states: "I will assume that orange is composed of red and yellow and that blue is composed of green and yellow,...."  I can't think of any additive or subtractive color or RGB, CMYK, or Lab color spaces that makes blue from green and yellow.  I know that any preschooler given finger paints makes green from blue and yellow.  Is Chevreul's statement an error or is there something to making blue from green and yellow from a different way of understanding?  Thanks.
--
Lisa Schofield