Re: Autographing question

Thomas Hurd,MD

2

On Jan 14, 2020, at 5:53 PM, Dan Margulis via Groups.Io <dmargulis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Printing is going well, but slowly. Definitely better than the opposite problem, but causing a scheduling difficulty because my planned departure time is before the books will now be bound.

Coming back would involve a detour of several hours. I may have to do it anyway, in which case I could autograph books then. Decision to be made late tomorrow, but I need advice now.
If I don’t return, the choices are:

1) Subject to the approval of the bindery manager, who will probably have a fit at the suggestion, I could take the folded first signature and aign all the front pages. No personalized message, but everybody would get an autographed copy.

2) Instead of signing the front page, sign the inside front cover, which is slated to be off press by the time I leave. I am given to understand that these could be numbered so that an individualized message would be possible. I have never heard of the practice of signing the inside cover but can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

3) Forget the entire autographing mishegas and just ship the books unsigned, with appropriate apologies.

Ideas welcome, especially anybody who can think of why #2 isn’t a good idea.