Re: Prince's estate wants to trademark purple

Jim Donovan

I agree Kevin, seems odd to me. My personal opinion is, a person,company or group should be allowed to "own" a color. Color exists in infinite combinations with or without humans.
Jim Donovan

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM Kevin Stecyk stecyk@... [COLORTHEORY] <COLORTHEORY@...> wrote:

Prince's estate wants to trademark purple, the color synonymous with the late pop singer

Pantone teamed with Prince's estate to announce that PQ 7448C was to be known as Love Symbol Number 2. Now the estate has lodged a trademark application to protect the color.

It does seem odd that one can trademark a color.

Best regards,
Kevin Stecyk

--
Jim Donovan