Re: ...of likely interest to some

Jim Donovan

 Did anyone else watch the "Video Quick Tips"? My first impression is my goodness is the lady narrating is beyond cheesy and just flat out annoying. I find it hard to take a product seriously when the first impression is that poor, just not a good look. I would surely look past that if the product is good. Would love to to hear from anyone who has actually tried it out on a bunch of images. I may try out the free trail and see what it is like.

 Secondly the video with the dog on the left has a bunch of what look like other examples to click on after the video is done running, so I clicked on a few. They were links to Youtube videos of The Munsters, Cream's 1969 Farewell Concert, Michael Jackson Videos and some others. Just found this bizarre. Maybe it's me? Jim Donovan

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 7:22 PM, Gunnar K beexact@... [COLORTHEORY] <COLORTHEORY@...> wrote:

Michael Jahn:
"...So, Gunnar, perhaps that is the disconnect - are you sharpening for inject
printing, wide format or digital printing systems - or are your images
being printed in offset ( or flexo / rotogravure / letterpress / something
else ) ?..."

Michael – like I said initially – I apply some very light sharpening in the RAW conversion process, (which results in a .tif file)...camera set to no sharpening...after RAW conversion I polish in Photoshop (in accordance with my own workflow) but absolutely no sharpening – my aim is to produce an optimal RGB file and that's it. – Years ago, when I scanned my Kodachromes, I did very differently...(then I did edge selected sharpening in LAB...now I never bother with LAB)
gunnar kullenberg