Re: ...of likely interest to some

Gunnar K

Michael Jahn:
"...So, Gunnar, perhaps that is the disconnect - are you sharpening for inject
printing, wide format or digital printing systems - or are your images
being printed in offset ( or flexo / rotogravure / letterpress / something
else ) ?..."

Michael – like I said initially – I apply some very light sharpening in the RAW conversion process, (which results in a .tif file)...camera set to no sharpening...after RAW conversion I polish in Photoshop (in accordance with my own workflow) but absolutely no sharpening – my aim is to produce an optimal RGB file and that's it. – Years ago, when I scanned my Kodachromes, I did very differently...(then I did edge selected sharpening in LAB...now I never bother with LAB)
gunnar kullenberg