Re: Seeing Green.....

Jim Donovan

Good separations have worked for ages and should always work. However,
there have been situations where good separations have been ruined by
bad color management. The color management era has offered more
opportunities for color problems - an irony.

AMEN HENRY!!!! It was a magenta ink density problem on press. Jim Donovan

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Henry Davis davishr@... [COLORTHEORY] <COLORTHEORY@...> wrote:

Great Jim! I wish there were more specifics about the cause - was the
SID wrong or the plate curve or was there some color management
snafu. The slug color bar might be telling. Whichever, I'm glad that
it's all working out and that the relationship is still good.

In spite of other opinions, I think your procedures are fine. Good
separations have worked for ages and should always work. However,
there have been situations where good separations have been ruined by
bad color management. The color management era has offered more
opportunities for color problems - an irony.

Henry Davis