Re: Nec-Macintosh debacle

dbernaerdt

This behaviour is a limitation (feature?) of OS X. If you are running a mirrored setup, the monitor profile is applied before being split for both displays. If the secondary display is run as an extended desktop, the profile is applied after the split.

If you want both monitors to be profiled, you have to run it as an extended or side-by-side setup. After researching this for a classroom setup with an iMac and a projector, I can confirm this is indeed the case. I'm not sure if MS Windows has the same behaviour.

Darren Bernaerdt

On Jun 15, 2013, at 2:29 PM, Dresden wrote:
--- In colortheory@..., Iliah Borg <ib@...> wrote:

As soon as I put the Display Preferences into "turn on mirroring"
the color profile for the Nec drops out & the monitor essentially
is unprofiled.
Does it happen when the primary monitor before you start mirroring is MacBook, or NEC, or in both cases?

--
Iliah Borg
ib@...

The Macbook's screen is always turned on 1st, of course, altho
I have tried switching positions of the monitors through "Display Preferences".
.... but both screens are working thru the Mac OS
and AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB grphics card.

I profiled the NEC Multisync PA241w with Spectraview11 software from NEC,
and i1Display 2 device.
I tried using colorMunki with Spectraview11 software, but get only error msgs.

The Macbook Pro is previously profiled with the ColorMunki device.

Question????
Why does this message not show up in the email version of the forum
(so more ppl see it, & hopefully better chance of solution)
Should I repost it thru email ?

BEST!
Diana Kassir
--