Re: PS 7 profiles & the D1x trouble

mrmattbarton <mrmattbarton@...>

Generally I only shoot Jpegs so I never bothered to install Nikon
Capture. But if it's as good as you say, I'll give it a shot.

Someone from Galbraiths forums suggested I check my
colorsync settings. Which I did and nothing changed. It appears
the D1x is using the AdobeRGB(1998) color space but can't
communicate that to PS 7. So my question is...

When I tell PS 7 to convert a new image to my workspace profile
(AdobeRGB) does it really change anything? Assuming the
image is already (secretly) AdobeRGB.

Matt

--- In colortheory@y..., "Doyle" <doyle@s...> wrote:
Funny thing is when NC 2 reads the EXIF data it says Adobe
RGB.

I can't believe your comments about Nikon Capture. You must
have never used
it. The PS plugin from the Nikon View disk gives you absolutely
no control
over the RAW files.

There is no better option to process RAW files than Nikon
Capture 2. The
quality both color and sharpness easy exceeds 35mm slide
film.

Doyle