Re: Patterns

Hector Davila

I haven't come across 'moire patterns' , just mostly 'texture patterns
and screen newspaper print patterns'.

First you need the freeware plugin Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).
http://www.skeller.ch/ps/files/fft_filter.zip
(there are others out there, like Image J)

http://pswishes.rognemedia.no/?p=14
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/fft_based_pattern_remover_as_a_filter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9W-a-aPyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqsm9_iCbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6ocaPNVk8
http://www.tipsquirrel.com/use-fft-to-reduce-texture/
http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=185

I don't have time for the blocking out the white dots one by one...

so sometimes I just use photoshop 'dust and scratches'..
i might even just blacken the whole area 4 parts.

Now, I skip entirely blocking out the dots..using actions.
Then there might be only 4 or 5 stars left, and I block that.

I do what can be known as a... Bigger Hammer, then I hammer out the
4 or 5 remaining white dots.

But, do what Dan Margulis does, throw out the photoshop manual, and
all the other manuals and experiment doing what others don't do.

Hector Davila

On 12/4/2012 3:40 PM, sefmccullough wrote:

Interesting results Hector - can you discuss your approach? This is a
different problem than moire of course, did you find that you used
techniques for removing moire in these examples?

Thanks,
Sef McCullough

--- In colortheory@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:colortheory%40yahoogroups.com>, Hector_APR <amerphoto@...> wrote:

I'm currently reading
Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the
Most Powerful Colorspace
and he mentions moire patterns removing..
I notice that Dan does a lot of...experimenting.

I've been experimenting with removing textured patterns.

My goal is to remove the texture 100 percent without affecting the
original details..

http://www.amerphotorestoration.com/outgoing/tex/textured-photos.html

Hector Davila
--