Re: Adobe: New Choices for Customers

dbernaerdt

Thanks for posting this Filip. I missed this announcement. It appears Adobe is redefining the meaning of "perpetual" to be the lifespan of one version of Creative Suite. Looks like skipping a version that isn't compelling is no longer an option since you'll be paying full price on the next one. Good for shareholders, bad for users.

Darren Bernaerdt

--- In colortheory@..., "filipzamorsky" <fil@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I came across this post yesterday.:

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/adobe-creative-cloud-and-adobe-creative-suite-new-choices-for-customers.html

The most important message is here:

"For customers who prefer to remain on the current licensing model, we will continue to offer our individual point products and Adobe Creative Suite editions as perpetual licenses. With regards to upgrades, we are changing our policy for perpetual license customers. In order to qualify for upgrade pricing when CS6 releases, customers will need to be on the latest version of our software (either CS5 or CS5.5 editions). If our customers are not yet on those versions, we're offering a 20% discount through December 31, 2011 which will qualify them for upgrade pricing when we release CS6."

Kind Regards,

Filip Zamorsky
http://shotworldwide.com