I'm just too much of a traditionalist, obviously. Give me Yousef Karsh, or Ansel Adams.

Cheers,
Ron Kelly

On 2011-07-06, at 6:42 AM, David wrote:

Does anyone else on the list think it's the collective at work bringing another Black Macaque photograph into the mainstream? I've seen the story here and there, but NBC Nightly News closed with it last night.

Video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43647606#43647606

Full Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011051/Black-macaque-takes-self-portrait-Monkey-borrows-photographers-camera.html

The retouching reminded me of Dan's book and I couldn't help but wonder if the Macaque has read Professional Photoshop.

Thanks Dan!

David Lawrence
pixelpurfect.com