Re: An Era Ends

Alessandro Bernardi

--- In colortheory@yahoogroups.com, "dmargulisnj" <DMargulis@...> wrote:

Greetings from Maui. Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of my life.
... snip...

Anyhow, what's done is done, and what happens next, happens next.
This is *just* a little bit emotional for me and I think also for everyone had attended your classes, your sessions at PSW, read your books or participated to this list.

It's like watching a beautiful movie that you hope will never end. But finally it does, like everything in our lives.
The difference is that this movie is owned only by you, together with its special player. So, it's up to you.

My best wishes to you and Cathy for you next lives. I know how hard your life has been until now and this is the right end.

But I also know that Caravaggio or Leonardo were not able to do anything different from what they were able to do.
My uncle was a dentist and always said to me "the dentist's destiny is to die with his tools in his hands".

I don't know in which way you're planning to write your own end, but it's hard to believe that will be without a Mac and an image open for new unconventional color correction strategies.
In my opinion won't be so strange that, while you're going around in Maui, you could be inspired from something you'll see there.
Or this could happen in your next trip to Italy, or wherever you'll go.

Maybe some day we'll see Man from Saturn or the Vesuvio Workflow: in the meanwhile we'll be missing you in any way.

From Dante's Divina Commedia, Inferno, Canto 27, Ulysse talks to the crew before going through the Pillars of Hercules:

Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e conoscenza.

That's why I came to USA more than three years ago, having the honor and pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Actually, one of the best decisions ever taken in my life.

With all my love and respect, again, I wish all the best to you and Cathy,
Alessandro Bernardi