From: Stephen Marsh <samarsh@ozemail.com.au>
To: colortheory@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2007 5:48:35 PM
Subject: [colortheory] Re: (Side by Side Comparison) Hiraloam Sharpening

Unless I am mistaken, regular sharpening and the Photokit "plug" is
not the same sharpening that Dan is talking of with HiRaLoAm (the
closest Fraser method is midtone contrast sharpening, which uses much
higher radius and smaller amount than what Dan is talking of).

I peronally use blend if sliders to limit the white halo (which is
what Photokit would be doing, it is only executing Photoshop commands
and does not actually add new USM code or anything), if not using
separate lighten/darken layers or fades etc..