Topics

Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

Brenda Evans <brenda@...>

Hello Croquet players,
I am disappointed to see that only 170 responses have been received so
far, for this survey (ie. 170 out of more than 3,000 in the state)
I am not part of the working group, but I am concerned that there are
not enough people taking the time to put in an opinion. Please take the
time to do so, if you have not already, and please spread the word among
your playing colleagues so that the working group will get a result from
the wider community, as we are all part of this organisation and we all
pay affiliation fees.
Brenda Evans

Thank you all for forwarding this survey to individual members. We
have considered it very important to hear directly from individual
members as part of this process so your assistance in this has been
appreciated.

This is a reminder that the HQ working group is seeking input from
each of you on this important topic. Thanks to those that have already
completed this survey.
FYI to date over 170 people have taken the time to complete the
survey, thanks to you all. For those that haven't, it is not too late!!!

Please click on this link: HQ Member Survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
(https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP) which will take you to the
survey (remember there are 12 questions, over 4 pages, please use the
"next" button at the bottom of each page).

While it is preferred that you submit your response on line, a PDF
version of the survey is attached if you require a paper version, this
is for printing out only, not for use as a PDF form. Please mail any
paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.

The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
respond as soon as possible.

Regards
Nick Chapman
Working Group Chair

*Subject:* *CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by
Monday 4 August*

Dear Secretaries
Please on forward this email to your members ASAP. Note the survey
will also be distributed via other mail groups but your co-operation
in reaching maximum membership is most appreciated.

Dear CNSW Members

As you may be aware, CNSW is currently considering the function,
shape and location of the state headquarters, currently located at
Tempe in Sydney.

To assist these considerations, the CNSW Executive has convened a
small working group to look at options and analysis with regard to
CNSW state headquarters. We see the resolution of this issue as a
pivotal one for croquet and other mallet sports in NSW, one that will
potentially influence the shape of the game and its administration in
the state for the next 20 years.

As part of its information gathering for this project, the working
group is seeking to understand your thoughts, as an individual member
of CNSW, about retention of a CNSW state headquarters and how it
should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
of the work of this group.

It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>

While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.

The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
respond as soon as possible.

Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Mary Gibson

Dear Brenda

The Mosman Croquet Club will be discussing this at their next meeting on 9 August and will reply.  The survey has been sent out to members but we must appreciate that a lot of new members have no idea of what Tempe is like or even have a valued opinion.  If the time could be extended to just after 9 August, we will have had a discussion with older members who will have a better understanding of the issues.  Personally I think it a good idea to have cluster clubs get together to discuss issues (there will be a difference between country and city perceptions) and ventilate opinions.  Not easy.  We do appreciate the survey and will get back to you after 9 August.

Regards
Mary Gibson
Secretary

On 27/07/2014, at 9:50 AM, Brenda Evans brenda@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Jan Sage

The question of Tempe – and anywhere else - as CNSW Headquarters has been discussed for as long as I have been involved in croquet [since January 1994].
There is no expensive headquarters for Golf, Bowls, Hockey, Basketball, Cricket – competitions and championships are played at various venues throughout the state or country.
Money spent on maintenance of Tempe courts could be shared among the hosting venues – standard of facilities at regional clubs could be improved and players outside Sydney would see our better players and have the experience of playing with or against them.
Division 1 Golf Croquet is currently being played at Forster, with the biggest entry ever – nearly 3 X the number last played in this event at Tempe. Every year there are listed state events that are not played because there are insufficient entries.

The little back rooms – with no kitchen facilities or hot water – are an absolute disgrace and embarrassment.

This is not a question for club committees, but for every individual member of Croquet NSW.

Jan Sage
Taree Croquet Club

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Alix Verge

Well said, Jan.

Everybody who has ever played in a CNSW tournament - and especially everyone who has decided NOT to enter a CNSW tournament should complete this survey.

Alix.

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

All

This is an interesting discussion and I hope the relevant organizing committee are taking notes.

I think 170 replies is a good reposnse. Of the 3,000 NSW members how many have any interest in competition play? 170 is a very high % of those players.

As past CNSW tournametnt committee chair I can tell you that the very vast majority of Sydney clubs are reluctant to give up their lawns for state competitions, especially Saturday. A notable exception is Mosman croquet club. Some Sydney clubs are reluctant to lend try lawns for Australian events.

Forster has attracted a large number of players for the GC event. I wonder why it started on a Sunday? Was it because the lawns were not available on Saturday? Playing 1 weekend day & 2 week days is not optimal scheduling for workers.

Last but not least. I live in Canberra & play at least 5 NSW tournaments a year. Canberra, and recently Wagga Wagga, are the only 2 clubs I can think of south of Sydney that have 3 lawns. Therefore I imagine if we don't have a HQ a likely outcome would be 0-1 tournament in Canberra / Wagga, 2 in Sydney, 2-3 in north of Sydney. That would add greatly to my travel time, travel cost & accommodation. I doubt I could go close to substaining my current level of competition play. It might make it more attractive for me to fly to interstate competitions than drive 6+ hours.

Tim

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Margaret Sawers

I agree with Jan, The atmosphere at clubs when tournaments are held away from Tempe is far superior to that at Tempe plus the facilities at Tempe are far from satisfactory. Weekends at Tempe are a nightmare and Regional clubs would be more likely to be willing to host events if they were given a  reasonable  financial encouragement.
Margaret

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Hi everyone,

It is great to see that this list is being used for a discussion like this.  The WG is certainly taking the time to note down the opinions that are expressed here.

I thought it might be helpful to outline the process that the working group is following over the next couple of months and explain why you are being contacted to participate in the survey.

The first questions that the WG is examining are strategic - why does CNSW exist and how will a HQ help CNSW achieve its goals?  Fundmentally, a HQ is simply an enabler.  It allows CNSW to do things - until it is clear what it is that CNSW does it is difficult to truly understand how a HQ should be shaped and we are finding ourselves asking questions amongst the WG that really ought to be well understood at the strategic level.  So, this is really one of the purposes of the survey - understanding from CNSW members what they want the organisation to deliver.

It is likely that once the individual surveying is complete that Clubs will be consulted directly to guage their views on their ability and willingness to host CNSW events ibnto the future.  Contact will be made with Club Secretaries in the coming weeks about this.  There are in excess of 45 events that are held by CNSW each year (including tournaments, state team practice, coaching events, the gala day, hosting of Australian championships) and that not all Clubs are suitable for all events, so we need to understand whether the capacity exists within the Club network to host all CNSW events in addition to the Club-organised events that are held each year.  So this second round of consultation will be undertaken to understand if this capacity exists.

Ultimately the WG will conduct analysis (including economic analysis and survey analysis) of several options for the Council to then consider.  Please note that the detail of these options are still to be defined following the consultation that is taking place:
  • No Headquarters with tournaments delivered through the Club network
  • Regional Headquarters
  • Headquarters in the Sydney Basin (with Tempe or Riverstone as sub-options)
Once complete, the Exec/Council will have a thorough analysis of each of these options with recommendations from the Working Group on how to proceed.  We hope to have this complete within two to three months.

In the meantime, please keep the feedback coming through the survey and please encourage as many members as possible to do so as well.

Regards

Nick

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Thank you for reminding me of something I forgot to add to my previous email.

The facilities at Tempe are appualing and weekend play is ridiculous. I support a HQ in Sydney basin but not Tempe as it currently stands. I would only support Tempe as our HQ if we were the only users of the venue. An unlikely outcome I'm sure.

Tim

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Barb Piggott

Hi All

I have read with interest all the responses on this topic along with discussion on another forum and have come to the conclusion that most players that play in CNSW events are not happy with the Tempe venue especially on Sundays.

The work being conducted by the Working Group is very valuable but has at least two to three months to go before it is finalised. As I first heard about the Riverstone venue in March this year one has to wonder how long this venue will available as an option should the results from the Working Group recommend a move from Tempe. It would appear that it will not now be seriously discussed at Council until at least the December meeting.

As a Director of a Registered Club I am aware that an asset such as Riverstone cannot sit idle for an extended period of time before the Board has to make recommendations to members about the future of the site.

My questions are:

1.  Has the Executive engaged in dialogue with Riverstone RSL Club as to how long they are prepared to leave the site as is until they make recommendations to their members on its future use.

2. As the site is not currently in use, have the lawns deteriorated during this period or are they still being maintained - my guess is they will not be spending a lot of money on an asset that is not producing revenue.

3. How long is the current lease at Tempe as this will also impact on any move should that be the recommendation from the Working Group and Council members when it is finally discussed.

Cheers

Barb

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Hi Nick,

The approach you are proposing seems pretty good to me but I would have liked to see some statistics (in industry we used to call them 'Key Performance Indicators' or KPIs) which would help clarify whether there is a case for CNSW maintaining its own lawns.

A few measures that I think could be useful would be:
  • What has been the utilisation of the Temp Lawns (measure in Lawn days per year) [Clubs could then check this against the utilisation of their own Club lawns]
  • Percentage of competitions that have had to be cancelled due to insufficient entries
  •  Number of entrants in each competition
  • No. of people playing at Tempe as a percentage of total number of players in NSW
  • Maintenance cost per playing day per lawn
  • No. of regional players vs No. of metropolitan players using Tempe
Such measures should be plotted from year to year to determine whether the trends are positive or negative.
I believe (and I am not alone) that things have been deteriorating at Tempe, but without some clear performance indicators, we are just guessing.

By trending such performance indicators it would be possible to obtain an early warning of things 'coming off the rails' so that corrective action could be taken.

Regards
Roger Evans
Jamberoo CC (with 3 lawns South of Sydney)

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

G'day Roger,

The Working Group absolutely agrees with your comments and one work stream within the group is attempting to collect the data you describe below.  I must say though, that this is not an easy task as CNSW has not been good at collecting important data like this in the past.  However, we are doing our best.

One measure we have come up with is 'lawn days'.  So, if a three lawn venue were used to its full capacity for, say, 100 days per year, that is 300 'lawn days'.  This is a more useful measure as it really measures lawn usage over a period of time.  Needless to say, there is a lot of work to do to understand this over the past few years.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Nick.

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Max Murray

Hello Barbara

Pardon my ignorance but where is Riverstone in Sydney and what accommodation is available nearby ?      We are ex Vics and don't know Sydney all that well.

Many thanks.
Regards
Max Murray.

Sent from my iPad

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Hi Barb,

These are all great questions.  I might leave it to the Exec to cover these as they are not all quite within the remit of the WG.

I will say however, that we should not think that Riverstone is the only other option to Tempe.  There some significant disadvantages with Riverstone, as there are with Tempe, and the other options being considered - none are perfect and each comes with its difficulties.

It is important that we are not thinking that this process is a 'Tempe or Riverstone' discussion.  It is really a 'What is the best outcome for a HQ' discussion.  One option we are also considering is a HQ on the north side of the harbour but closer to the critical mass of other croquet clubs within the Sydney basin.

At the end of this process, CNSW and Council will have received a considered and comprehensive piece of analysis.  We just ask for patience and understanding while we undertake this important piece of work.

Regards

Nick.

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Hi Nick
A number of Nowra Croquet club members have been unable to fill this survey in, I wonder if this is the reason for the low percentage of replies
Margaret

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM

To: cnswplayers@...

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM

> [...]

>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

Roberta Flint

Hi Margaret
The response rate to the survey is at over 10% of membership, which a satisfactory rate of return for such surveys. we have now had almost 340 responses from individuals with the Club survey also currently open.

If the members have been unable to complete on line, a paper based version was also sent  with the original advice of the opening of the survey. If you know people who want to complete but have been unable to online for some reason (the tool is a very standard web based application it should have been OK for most users) you could give them a copy of the PDF attached (is meant only for printing and return by mail). We have received a number of returns by this method and all have been entered manually into the survey tool.

Alternatively if any member wishes to email the working group mail box that has been set up for this exercise they can be provided with other assistance in completion.
email is CNSWWorkingGroup@...

Cheers
Roberta
working group member

To: cnswplayers@...
From: cnswplayers@...
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 15:53:44 +1000
Subject: Re:
[cnswplayers] Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by
Monday 4 August

[...]

*Subject:*
[...]

[Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]

Wendy Fothergill

Roberta
I have managed to "lose" the club survey sheet as well as the personal one.
I know I am late but I would like to complete these, particularly the club one as we had a meeting last week to discuss it.
Could they be resent to me please?
You have asked questions about membership 2013/2014 - I shall answer that asap unless John Eddes has given an answer.
Thanks
Wendy

On 28 July 2014 16:35, Barb Piggott barbpiggott55@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

>Hi All
>

>I have read with interest all the responses on this topic along with discussion on another forum and have come to the conclusion that most players that play in CNSW events are not happy with the Tempe venue especially on Sundays.
>

>The work being conducted by the Working Group is very valuable but has at least two to three months to go before it is finalised. As I first heard about the Riverstone venue in March this year one has to wonder how long this venue will available as an option should the results from the Working Group recommend a move from Tempe. It would appear that it will not now be seriously discussed at Council until at least the December meeting.
>

>As a Director of a Registered Club I am aware that an asset such as Riverstone cannot sit idle for an extended period of time before the Board has to make recommendations to members about the future of the site.
>

>My questions are:
>

>1.  Has the Executive engaged in dialogue with Riverstone RSL Club as to how long they are prepared to leave the site as is until they make recommendations to their members on its future use.
>

>2. As the site is not currently in use, have the lawns deteriorated during this period or are they still being maintained - my guess is they will not be spending a lot of money on an asset that is not producing
revenue.

>3. How long is the current lease at Tempe as this will also impact on any move should that be the recommendation from the Working Group and Council members when it is finally discussed.
>

>Cheers
>

>Barb
>

>On Sunday, 27 July 2014 5:45 PM, "Tim Murphy tim@... [cnswplayers]" wrote:
>

>Margaret
>
>Thank you for reminding me of something I forgot to add to my previous email.
>
>The facilities at Tempe are appualing and weekend play is ridiculous. I support a HQ in Sydney basin but not Tempe as it currently stands. I would only support Tempe as our HQ if we were the only users of the venue. An unlikely outcome I'm sure.
>
>Tim
>

>On Sunday, July 27, 2014, Margaret Sawers margaretsawers1@... [cnswplayers] wrote:
>

>>I agree with Jan, The atmosphere at clubs when tournaments are held away from Tempe is far superior to that at Tempe plus the facilities at Tempe are far from satisfactory. Weekends at Tempe are a nightmare and Regional clubs would be more likely to be willing to host events if they were given a  reasonable  financial encouragement.
>>Margaret

affiliation fees.
>>>Brenda Evans

members. We
directly from individual
process so your assistance in this has been

appreciated.

the HQ working group is seeking input from
on this important topic. Thanks to those that have already

FYI to date over 170 people have taken the time to complete the

link: HQ Member Survey

over 4 pages, please use the
bottom of each page).

preferred that you submit your response on line, a PDF

version of the survey is attached if you require a paper version, this
Please mail any
Box 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.

survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to

Working Group Chair

*CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by

Secretaries
members ASAP. Note the survey
distributed via other mail groups but your co-operation

currently considering the function,
location of the state headquarters, currently located at

and analysis with regard to
headquarters. We see the resolution of this issue as a
NSW, one that will
of the game and its administration in
for the next 20 years.

part of its information gathering for this project, the working
individual member
CNSW state headquarters and how it
HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
via email and
will be considered in the course
this group.

extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
information sought in the
accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey

members submit their responses on line a
version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
HQ at PO Box

Monday 4 August so it is important to
soon as possible.

CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

>>>[Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]

>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Roberta Flint

Hi Wendy

Individual member survey is at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP

If you can't use via the link please email me at the working group email CNSWWorkingGroup@... and I can assist further.

Cheers

Roberta

On 13 Aug 2014, at 10:39 am, "'Wendy Fothergill' wfotherg@... [cnswplayers]" <cnswplayers@...> wrote:

> [...]

>Margaret
>
>Thank you for reminding me of something I forgot to add to my previous email.
>
>The facilities at Tempe are appualing and weekend play is ridiculous. I support a HQ in Sydney basin but not Tempe as it currently stands. I would only support Tempe as our HQ if we were the only users of the venue. An unlikely outcome I'm sure.
>
>Tim
>

>On Sunday, July 27, 2014, Margaret Sawers margaretsawers1@... [cnswplayers] <cnswplayers@...> wrote:
>

>>I agree with Jan, The atmosphere at clubs when tournaments are held away from Tempe is far superior to that at Tempe plus the facilities at Tempe are far from satisfactory. Weekends at Tempe are a nightmare and Regional clubs would be more likely to be willing to host events if they were given a  reasonable  financial encouragement.

affiliation fees.
>>>Brenda Evans

members. We
directly from individual
process so your assistance in this has been

appreciated.

the HQ working group is seeking input from
on this important topic. Thanks to those that have already

FYI to date over 170 people have taken the time to complete the

link: HQ Member Survey
over 4 pages, please use the
bottom of each page).

preferred that you submit your response on line, a PDF

version of the survey is attached if you require a paper version, this
Please mail any
Box 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.

survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to

Working Group Chair

*CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by

Secretaries
members ASAP. Note the survey
distributed via other mail groups but your co-operation

currently considering the function,
location of the state headquarters, currently located at

and analysis with regard to
headquarters. We see the resolution of this issue as a
NSW, one that will
of the game and its administration in
for the next 20 years.

part of its information gathering for this project, the working
individual member
CNSW state headquarters and how it
HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
via email and
will be considered in the course
this group.

extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
information sought in the
accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey

members submit their responses on line a
version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
HQ at PO Box

Monday 4 August so it is important to
soon as possible.

CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

>>>[Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]

>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Wendy Fothergill

Brenda
Some people have had difficulty in sending back their response and have given up.
Just for what is it worth
Wendy

Sent: Sunday, 27 July 2014 9:50 AM