Topics

Important Document

Barb Piggott

Hello,

I have attached this doc VIA Google docs.

Kindly CLICK HERE to log-in and
view

Regards,

Barb

Google Team. Google Drive. Keep everything. Share
anything.

Pam Hamory

Hello Barb
I find this way of disseminating information confusing and time consuming. From experience documents that are filed in Google can at Google's pleasure be discontinued. Added to this I do not wish to have a Yahoo account as requested nor do I know the pass word to access the account. Please send the relevant document within the email or why can they not be housed on the web site to be accessed.
Kind regards
Pam

On 17/01/2014, at 10:56 PM, Barb Piggott wrote:

Hello,

I have attached this doc VIA Google docs.

Kindly CLICK HERE to log-in and
view

Regards,

Barb

Google Team. Google Drive. Keep everything. Share
anything.

Jan Sage

I recently received a message called Important Document.
When I clicked to open it my security system stopped it, quarantined it and deleted it.
Then I found out it was not sent by the person whose name was on the email.

I have the message from Pam Hamory but not the one copied at the bottom of the email.

Jan Sage

Barb Piggott

It appears my Yahoo account was hacked - I have done a scan of my computer and it appears clear. I have changed my password for the account so hopefully that will fix problem. Sorry for any  inconvenience
Cheers
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Jan 2014, at 14:11, "Jan Sage" <myoora803@...> wrote:

I recently received a message called Important Document.
When I clicked to open it my security system stopped it, quarantined it and deleted it.
Then I found out it was not sent by the person whose name was on the email.

I have the message from Pam Hamory but not the one copied at the bottom of the email.

Jan Sage

sweetpkev@...

Re - Important Document

I have read all your comments - have gone back and tried to get access to the "document" but my security will not allow access - deletes as security threat. If this document is so important there must be some other way for us to access it.

Pam Owen

Geraldine Hassett

Hi Pam I sent email to Roger , he sorts out everything. he said it was a hoax .someone  hacked into her whatever , she has now changed here code , (barb Piggot) ????having a quiet day watching tennis I hope .KIama is a pain in butt over weekends , and next week nice little critters all go home and might get a spot at the harbour , take Jack down there as its what he likes to do . and round the rock pool , sit under big tree and watch life go by only got to fight for seat , Jack has his on walker , might get a matching walker , . if I do will send a pic I will be pleased when he can take himself , but as he cant walk unaided . gotta wait , (did I mention I hate Florence Nightingale .)anyway hope to go out tomorrow to croquet , (afternoon) Marg trying to get out as well , see ya Gerry

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 3:14 AM, <sweetpkev@...> wrote:

Re - Important Document

I have read all your comments - have gone back and tried to get access to the "document" but my security will not allow access - deletes as security threat. If this document is so important there must be some other way for us to access it.

Pam Owen

Robyn Wallace

Barb, what I can't understand is why there are some people who simply cannot seem to be able to read and digest your explanation about being hacked--maybe the fact that one emailed at 3.14 am explains some of it.

Cheers

Robyn

On 18/01/2014 2:17 PM, Barb Piggott wrote:

It appears my Yahoo account was hacked - I have done a scan of my computer and it appears clear. I have changed my password for the account so hopefully that will fix problem. Sorry for any  inconvenience
Cheers
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Jan 2014, at 14:11, "Jan Sage" <myoora803@...> wrote:

I recently received a message called Important Document.
When I clicked to open it my security system stopped it, quarantined it and deleted it.
Then I found out it was not sent by the person whose name was on the email.

I have the message from Pam Hamory but not the one copied at the bottom of the email.

Jan Sage

Hi CNSW players,

About 18 months ago, someone hacked one or more Yahoo servers and obtained the details of about 450,000 Yahoo e-mail accounts.  Yahoo has sinced improved their security and there doesn't seem to be any recent reports of e-mail accounts being compromised.  If anyone has a Yahoo e-mail address and hasn't changed their password for a long time then it would be a good idea to follow Barb's lead and change your password.

As an aside, I don't believe that anyone needs to use Google Docs to distribute important croquet related documents as they should be provided for download or viewing from the CNSW web site.

Roger Evans
List moderator

On 18/01/2014 14:17, Barb Piggott wrote:

It appears my Yahoo account was hacked - I have done a scan of my computer and it appears clear. I have changed my password for the account so hopefully that will fix problem. Sorry for any  inconvenience
Cheers
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Jan 2014, at 14:11, "Jan Sage" <myoora803@...> wrote:

I recently received a message called Important Document.
When I clicked to open it my security system stopped it, quarantined it and deleted it.
Then I found out it was not sent by the person whose name was on the email.

I have the message from Pam Hamory but not the one copied at the bottom of the email.

Jan Sage

sweetpkev@...

It would appear that I misread Barb's reply re hacking. I apologise. I think this is proving to be a very useful and informative group but we all agreed when joining it that no-one would use it to criticise or make personal judgement of other members.  Unfortunately not all of us are lucky enough to enjoy good health and have perfect sleeping patterns .

Pam Owen