Topics

Fault or not?

Hi Players,

We had a situation yesterday which I hadn't encountered before and which
two of our refs did not agree on.

The situation was that the striker's ball was close to the left hand
wire of the hoop and another ball was touching the right hand wire of
the hoop.
The striker miss-hit his ball with the mallet striking the left hand
wire of the hoop instead instead of the ball. The strike caused the
hoop to move which caused the ball touching the other leg of the hoop to
move away from the hoop.

Is this simply a miss-hit in which case the balls would be replaced but
the striker would not miss a turn, or is it a fault (crush?) which means
that the striker misses the turn and the opposition decides whether the
balls should be replaced or left where they landed?

It is probably not a situation which would occur often but it would be
good to get a clear ruling.

Comments appreciated.

Cheers
Roger
Jamberoo CC

Roger,

AC or GC? Sounds like a GC game for which I'm not qualified to comment.

Tim

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Roger Evans <rfkevans@gmail.com> wrote:

**

[...]

Hi Tim,

Yes, I should have specified but it was a GC game.

Cheers
Roger

On 2/09/2012 10:48, Tim Murphy wrote:
[...]

------------------------------------

Yahoo!7 Groups Links

Tony Hall

Dear Roger,

Its a fault in both codes. In AC see Law 28(a)(11). In GC its a non-striking fault, see Rule 12(a).

Cheers,

Tony

At 10:48 AM 2/09/2012, you wrote:
[...]

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that, Rule 12 (a) is quite clear. We were looking at
striking faults but it is a non-striking fault.
We are now somewhat the wiser.

Cheers
Roger