Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 1:49 PM
Subject: [cnswplayers] doubles play

I would like someone to explain to me the importance of doubles play

in association croquet,not high and low, just ordinary play.

Many Thanks

Bebe Abdullah

Alix Verge

I like doubles play because it gives me a second opinion as to which ball to play at the beginning of our turn and why. Your partner will usually have a very different approach to the start of the turn eg deciding which ball is more useful to the opposition and why, which of our balls has the easier break if it roquets in the first place (and which target ball to choose to make the break easier), which ball/line of play to chose that will minimize the consequences of failure etc.

Most of us get stuck into one broad line of play/tactical choices. Having a partner broadens our vision and, in my case, playing doubles has improved my technical and tactical play noticeably.

Alix.

To: cnswplayers@...