Topics

Canberra Croquet Club - Charity Weekend 8-9 February

Nick Chapman

The Canberra Croquet Club is hosting a charity weekend on Saturday 8 February to Sunday, 9 February.  We will be raising money to support the Cerebral Palsy Alliance ACT.

The CPA mission is to build futures for people with cerebral palsy. They provide services to over 150 families with cerebral palsy in the ACT and surrounding regions every year, and their programs are based on early intervention, therapy, education, community participation and family support. Further information on the CPA is available here:  https://www.cerebralpalsy.org.au/

To raise money, we are holding two competitions:
  • AC Charity Shield:  Further details available here:  http://everydayhero.com.au/event/canberra-charity-croquet-weekend.  Yep, we are going to play for 24 hours straight.  Please consider supporting one of the teams to encourage them to play through the night - all for a good cause. Play will commence from 10.00am on Saturday, 8 February and conclude at 10.00am on Sunday, 9 February 2014.
  • GC Charity Cup:  The Charity Cup will be a GC knockout event on Saturday, 8 February commencing at 8.00am.  Please consider visiting Canberra for a day of friendly GC competition (an egyptian-style plate competition will be organised for those who exit the knockout early).  Cost of entry is a minimum $20 donation to the CPA.  Entries can be sent to me via email (nc26tp@...) and entry fees can be brought along on the day.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards

Nick Chapman
President, Canberra CC.

Nick Chapman

Just to clarify my earlier email - the GC Charity Cup will be played as a handicap event.

Regards

Nick