Topics

Canberra Carnival - January 2014

Nick Chapman

Good evening,

I understand that some people were unable to open the attachment I had sent in an earlier email regarding the Canberra Croquet Club's AC Carnival which is to be held over the long weekend in January.  To assist, I have copied the information from the flyer into this email (see below.  If you have any questions or would like a pdf copy of the flyer please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards

Nick
President
Canberra Croquet Club

CANBERRA CROQUET CLUB

Canberra Open

Friday 24 to Monday 27 January 2014

The Canberra Croquet Club is holding its annual Canberra Carnival over the long weekend from 24-27 January 2014.

The Club wishes to build on the success of previous Carnivals and encourage more players to join us in friendly competition. We extend an invitation to all players to come and enjoy Canberra summer weather, good croquet and the friendly atmosphere.

If you are a newer Association Croquet (AC) player from a regional club then you will find our Carnival an especially good environment in which to try out your competition skills.

The Carnival will start on Friday after an early morning tea and conclude as early as possible on Monday afternoon.  Refreshments can be purchased during the Carnival.

Entries are open to any player on a handicap of 20 and under.

Tournament conditions:

  • Advanced Level singles in stand-alone round-robin blocks based on handicap (high handicappers may be able to play Advanced Handicap off a base, depending on entries)
  • Players can expect a maximum of 2 games per day
  • 2½ hour games; ACA Regulations 16.3 & 16.4
  • Most games will be double-banked – no extra time
  • Hoops will be set at 3¾ inches

Please remember to bring your National Handicapping card – we do reserve the right of the Tournament Handicapper to adjust handicaps before & during the tournament.

How to Enter

Please email your entry to Nick Chapman, Tournament Manager, as soon as possible to reserve your place at the carnival.  Nick’s email address is nc26tp@....

Closing date for entries: cob Wednesday, 8 January 2013 (or when all 21 places are filled).  Entries will be accepted strictly in the order in which the entry fee is received.

The entry fee is $40 and contains a $10 non-refundable administrative component should a player withdraw prior to the closing date.  Any player withdrawing after the closing date will be entitled to a 50% refund of the entry fee if a replacement player is found.

How to Pay

The Club cannot accept credit card payments, but bank transfers are welcome (Commonwealth Bank, BSB 062 919, account number 0090 8494). Please ensure that you reference your name and tournament so we know what the money is for, and also email Nick to confirm the payment has been made.  If you would like to pay by cheque, please contact Nick to make arrangements to do so.

Any questions?

Please contact Nick via email nc26tp@... or feel free to call on 0410 735 305.