Topics

24 Hour Charity Fundraiser

Nick Chapman

All,

Just a reminder that 12 players from NSW and Victoria are competing for 24 hours this Saturday and Sunday to raise money for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance ACT, a group who do an amazing amount of work to help kids in and around Canberra who live with Cerebral Palsy.  To date we have raised around $9k from sponsorships that players have been seeking from family, friends and local businesses to compete in the event, and we are looking to crack $10k throughout this week.

We are keen to involve the broader croquet comunity and have set up a guess the hoops competition:  https://canberra-charity-croquet-weekend.everydayhero.com/au/team-notts-list-guess-the-hoops
Please help us make this a success by making a small donation to the CPA and having a guess at the number of hoops that will be scored through the 24 hours through the above link.  There is a personalised croquet shirt in it for the winner.

We are using this as an opportunity to promote our sport within the local media, including in local papers and other publications, and through some radio interviews in Canberra. The more money we raise, the more we can reach out into the community through media.  So an entry in the guess the hoops comp will not only help some awesome kids, but will also help us promote our sport.

Nick.