Topics

2019 Aust AC Patron's Trophy

Peter Freer

One of Australia’s premier Association Croquet events is on again, on the June long weekend at Wynnum in Brisbane.

The flier is attached – entries close on Thursday 30 May (midnight WA time)

Regards, peter

ACA Events

0412 178 254

Roberta Flint

Who is the ACA Patron Peter?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 8:29 pm, Peter Freer <pfreer@...> wrote:

One of Australia’s premier Association Croquet events is on again, on the June long weekend at Wynnum in Brisbane.

The flier is attached – entries close on Thursday 30 May (midnight WA time)

Regards, peter

ACA Events

0412 178 254

Peter Freer

Roberta – that is another of the ironies of croquet.  The Governor-General had been the ACA Patron, but the incoming one several versions back declined to renew the relationship; at about the same time we initiated the Patron’s Trophy and invited him to donate it.  The event has continued since despite this, because it is now known as that, but probably should be re-named at some stage…..

Regards, peter

ACA Events

0412 178 254

Alix Verge

At the ISS in Newcastle last September David Hurley and his wife expressed genuine interest in taking up croquet when his term as NSW Governor expired. It sounds to me as if it’s the perfect time attempt to re-establish the GG patronage.

Alix.