Topics

safety inspection audit

Jan Sage

At our recent Club Meeting there was a discussion on the necessity [or otherwise] of a Safety Audit. This would include indicators such as yellow lines and striped tape indicating potential safety hazards, and a marked assembly point in case of fire.
Is there an Audit Form appropriate to the average Croquet Club premises?
Are there any clubs that have carried out such an Audit, that will share there conclusions about the success or necessity of such a procedure please?

Jan Sage - Taree Croquet Club

Hi Jan,

We have developed a Risk Management policy at Jamberoo which requires us
to identify hazards and assess the risk of someone getting injured. We
believe that this is a requirement, or at least a recommendation, of the
'Duty of Care' legislation.

Assessing the risks requires us to identify the likelihood of an
incident/accident occurring and the consequences if such an accident did
occur. Things with a high likelihood and/or high consequence need to
be acted on to minimise the risk.

By identifying the risks in this way we can feed the actions into our
development budget to ensure that we allocate funds to mitigate the
risks. In fact the safety issues are given a high priority in where we
allocate funds.

We have had a few, relatively minor accidents, often associated with
people tripping over hoops. Fortunately they haven't resulted in anyone
breaking bones but with people of a senior age, a fall could result in
broken bones and so it is important for us all to consider the risks and
try to minimise them as much as possible.

I imagine that the risks we have identified are reasonably common to all
croquet clubs but we would be interested in whether we may have missed any.

Regards
Roger Evans
Jamberoo Croquet Club Inc.

The attached document defines both

On 28/10/2012 9:14, Jan Sage wrote:

At our recent Club Meeting there was a discussion on the necessity [or
otherwise] of a Safety Audit. This would include indicators such as
yellow lines and striped tape indicating potential safety hazards, and
a marked assembly point in case of fire.
Is there an Audit Form appropriate to the average Croquet Club premises?
Are there any clubs that have carried out such an Audit, that will
share there conclusions about the success or necessity of such a
procedure please?

Jan Sage - Taree Croquet Club

Jenny Arnold

JanWe did a safety audit at Sawtell earlier this year. It was done with help from our local council officers who had an audit form plus the knowledge of potential hazards we had not thought of. There was not much that required action at the time, some issues which we are adressing as time goes on. It is a work in progress. Hope this helps Jenny Arnold
To: cnswplayers@...