From: Roger Evans
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:22 AM
To: cnswplayers@...
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] additional official ruling for Golf Croquet

Hi Jan,

That makes sense but, since Clause 13(a) defines a striking fault as a
fault that occurs between the "time a striker's ball is struck by the
mallet until the striker leaves the stance under control" then any lawn
damage during the period would be considered a striking fault rather
than a non-striking fault anyway. I wonder why it was necessary to bring
out the new ruling?

Regards
Roger

On 1/04/2012 7:37, Jan Sage wrote:

Hi Roger,

Court damage is always a fault, whether the damage is caused after the
mallet contacts the ball, or without the mallet contacting the ball.
Court damage is a striking fault under Rule 13 [a] [14] and a non
striking fault under Rule 12 [b]. Note that the non striking fault
includes damage by the mallet, feet or other equipment.

Simply put, it means that you cannot commit a non striking fault
during the striking period.

This ruling is an interim measure and the wording of the Rule will no
doubt be looked at during the Rules review this year.

Regards,
Jan