From: cnswplayers@...
[mailto:cnswplayers@...] On Behalf Of Peter Freer
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2012 12:58 PM
To: croquet@...; AUS-Croquet@...;
cnswplayers@...
Subject: [cnswplayers] Hoop Setting - an idiots guide?

Canberra has somewhat loamy soil, so not only do hoops loosen up during
play and rabbit runs develop but we can eventually end up with quite
large caverns underneath the hoop. If not fixed, they reach right
across between the carrot holes, and the lawn surface between the hoop
legs starts flexing under any pressure!

Fixing the latter requires adding horrifying large amounts of grass
clippings, soil and/or spanish moss - while being careful not to create
hilling.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it caused by careless digging to
tighten hoops?

Does anyone have an "idiots guide" to how to correctly adjust hoop
widths, preferably with (very) simple diagrams? I was about to do one,
but realised I am probably reinventing the wheel.

Regards, peter

Canberra Croquet Club

0412 178 254

Yahoo!7 Groups Links