From: Pauline Markwell <markwell.pauline@...>
Date: 25/11/19 9:10 pm (GMT+10:00)
To: cnswplayers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] 2020 GOLF CROQUET PRESIDENT'S EIGHTS

Hi Peter
Is this an invitational event or what / where is the description of entrants?  (no description on website).
Thanks
Pauline

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 23:24, Peter Freer <pfreer@...> wrote:

2020 GOLF CROQUET PRESIDENT’S EIGHTS

Croquet Australia is calling for expressions of interest for the 2020 Golf Croquet President’s Eights.

The Golf Croquet Eights will be held at Cairnlea, Victoria, from 31 January to 2 February 2020 – this is a bit earlier than usual, but we’re impacted by the 2020 AC World Champs at Cairnlea later in Feb 2020.

Please send an email to express your interest to Anne Quinn.

We still have vacancies so the closing date for entries has been extended to midnight (AWST) on 30 November 2019.

Could we also clarify that the reason for the $280 entry fee is that this is a cross subsidy scheme to refund travel costs, so that players travelling to Melbourne get around 55% of their travel costs back.  That doesn’t help local Melbourne players much, but they get to sleep in their own beds each night and don’t have to pay for accommodation, so it all balances out.  This is currently under review by ACA, and your views on this are welcome….

Regards, peter

ACA Events

Pauline

Pauline A Markwell