Re: 2019 Aust AC Patron's Trophy

Alix Verge

At the ISS in Newcastle last September David Hurley and his wife expressed genuine interest in taking up croquet when his term as NSW Governor expired. It sounds to me as if it’s the perfect time attempt to re-establish the GG patronage.

Alix.

From: cnswplayers@groups.io <cnswplayers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Freer
Sent: 8 May, 2019 6:05 PM
To: cnswplayers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] 2019 Aust AC Patron's Trophy

Roberta – that is another of the ironies of croquet.  The Governor-General had been the ACA Patron, but the incoming one several versions back declined to renew the relationship; at about the same time we initiated the Patron’s Trophy and invited him to donate it.  The event has continued since despite this, because it is now known as that, but probably should be re-named at some stage…..

Regards, peter

ACA Events