Re: Start of game Wrong Ball problem

Ron Humpherson

I had also asked Bob Green for his views and he concluded that the Red ball was not a misplaced ball but an outside agency:

Law 6 (c) Ball in Hand
(1) Any ball becomes a ball in hand and an outside agency:
(D) when it must be replaced in order to rectify an error or correct an interference.

Playing of Yellow was therefore a wrong ball play and Red should be placed on a baulk line.

On 2/04/2019 11:07 am, Tim Murphy wrote:
I agree with Alix and Jim.

Which then directs you to 27.f.

On Mon, 1 Apr. 2019, 09:40 Jim Nicholls, <jimbo.croquet@...> wrote:
Agree with Alix.
After Player A incorrectly played Red onto the court, the Red ball should have been removed.
Leaving Red on the lawn at this point is incorrect placement of a ball (and perhaps also Player A mis-leading Player B)

Player B to play Red from a baulk line.

Jim Nicholls

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 21:08, Alix Verge <alixverge@...> wrote:
I think nothing relieves player B of his obligation to play red onto the lawn in the 4th turn rather than striking yellow a second time so yellow to be returned to corner 4 and player B plays red onto the lawn from a baulk line ie the ball he should have played 4th turn. Just roll back to last legal stroke

Alix (mob)
0400 825 920

AUSTRALIA: RESETTLING BOAT PEOPLE SINCE 1788