Re: Club Financial Accounts

Wal Mills

Hello Helen,

It was only 8 years ago at Maitland that finances was paper based. I took over as treasurer and used excel with then 80 members, we now have 78 members with the treasurer still using Excel. I haven't used MYOB but I myself wouldn't think of using it for a club your size unless someone can demonstrate the benefits.

It is really a matter of how competent your treasurer/secretary is with either method.
Whether you want to save to the cloud or back up on your own computer.

Maybe you can ask Steve Thornton (secretary@...) to send an email to all clubs asking who uses MYOB.

Regards
Wal

On 14/07/2018 9:45 AM, Helen Coventry wrote:

Hello,

I am on the committee of the Southern Highlands Croquet Club and am seeking information on how other Clubs record their finances and membership lists.

We are currently using Excel and as our membership is increasing the Committee is considering converting to a package such as MYOB.

I would appreciate any information, guidance on systems currently in use at your Club as to what might be an appropriate option.

All assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Helen Coventry