From: Roger Evans <rfkevans@...>
Date: 29/01/2017 12:01 PM (GMT+10:00)
To: cnswplayers@groups.io
Subject: [cnswplayers] Turf Management

Hi Croquet Greenkeepers,

A couple of our colleague golf club greenkeepers have suggested we apply
a growth regulator called Primo Maxx to our lawns during the summer
growing season.  According to the manufacturer, (Syngenta) Primo Maxx
slows vertical shoot growth while lateral and below ground growth is
enhanced.  The benefits claimed are a denser, healthier turf that is
better able to withstand a variety of stresses including heat, drought,
diseases and traffic.  It almost sounds too good to be true. See:
http://www.greencastonline.com/product/primo-maxx-plant-growth-regulator/overview/turf

If the claimed benefits are achieved for a croquet lawn the use of Primo
Maxx should mean less frequent mowing or, at least, the line marking
should last longer.  It also should reduce lawn wear, particular through
the hoops (where we tend to get rabbit runs) and at the GC starting
quadrant.

At Jamberoo we intend to give this product a try but we would be
interested in whether any other clubs have used it and, if so, have the
claimed benefits been achieved in practice on a croquet lawn?

Cheers

Roger Evans

Jamberoo Croquet Club