Re: Wonderland

Judy McCumstie

HelloSteve
Thank you for your reply. Actually I would really most like to know when details of the new system will reach the level of clubs. Also when will new handicap cards reach us?
From what we hear the system has already worked well in England. What we need here is the material to implement it at the local NSW club level.
Anything you could do to expedite this would certainly be appreciated.
Judy McCumstie

On 15 Jan 2017 11:16 pm, "Steve Thornton" <sthornton54@...> wrote:
Interesting range of comments. From what I can gather, and I was in the UK last year playing under the new system, there have been no problems with the new system in the UK and it has been welcomed because it more aligns with the handicap range in AC. All the State Associations agreed with the ACA adopting the new system so best get used to it as musing about the possibility of tweaking it probably won't get much support. Portraying this as some Alice in Wonderland fantasy denigrates the work that people in the UK did over several years.

On 13 January 2017 at 21:15, Wal Mills <walm@...> wrote:
Ah Yes, I remember, Queen of Hearts played there.
It's another variation for us to look at.
Not that I'm saying I agree nor disagree with the new system as it stands.
I tried to get ACA and CNSW to introduce a greater handicap range in 2013, but hit a brick wall.
Took the Pom's to get the ball rolling and good to see some action at last.
Wal

On 13/01/2017 7:26 PM, Judy McCumstie wrote:
Hello everyone
Some extra thoughts on the new handicap system
Judy McCumstie
Jamberoo