Any system can be improved and, although, as Peter(s) indicate, we will have to support this new system, I doesn't seem to be a 'perfect' system and so we should be able to suggest improvements.  I intend to be one of those who continues to ask 'silly' questions.

Cheers

Roger Evans

On 13/01/2017 6:48 AM, Jan Sage wrote:
I’m not sure we should blindly follow a SYSTEM that could be improved.
“The only silly question is the one that you do not ask”.
Jan Sage

Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] New handicaps for GC

As far as I can see Peter, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I assume the CNSW tournament committee will advise us of the make-up of the divisions. Personally I liked the idea of players above 10 not losing points in play but its not in the rules so there it goes.
Not being the world's most advanced mathematician, I assume the "two steps" involved from 12 up has something to do with making the whole range sound great but not doing much at all. While I'm at it why have the minus numbers ? Surely these clever people who devised the scheme, could have made the scale suit 0 to 20 properly with all numerals in that range included. There ! I've said it and most probably put my big foot right in the middle of where it should not be. I dare say I am not the only one thinking that.  THE MAIN THING IS THAT WE HAVE A SYSTEM and we need to support it fully. So we all will need to just shrug off those silly questions and prepare to adopt it fully.
Peter Smith