Subject: Re: New handicaps for GC
From: "Peter Freer" <pfreer@...>
Date: Mon, January 09, 2017 10:27 am
To: <cnswplayers@groups.io>
Cc: <national.handicapper@...>,
<handicaps@...>

Brenda et al – my reading of the revised Rule 16 that will apply from 3 April 2017 (see: https://croquet-australia.com.au/disciplines/golf-croquet/resources/gc-rule16-australian-version.pdf ) is that:
·         there are no GC handicaps of 13, 15, 17 or 19 – the steps below 12 are in multiples of 2, so you go from 12 to 14, and 14 to 16 (see the revised trigger points on p4);
·         everyone will now gain or lose points, including at either end of the range (which explains how someone might drop to 14 or 16); and
·         I gather that CNSW is likely to stick to the 3 existing GC Divisions ie Div 1 would now be -3 to 4; Div 2 stays 5 to 8; and Div 3 is 9 or higher (I suggest that anyone on more than GC 12 shouldn’t be playing GC Pennants until their handicap improves).  No doubt CNSW will confirm this before the 2017 GC Pennants entry closes…

Regards, peter

Peter Freer
Canberra CC