Re: Offside balls in GC

Roberta Flint

And the rules can be unintelligible sometimes. For some reason we cannot understand the playing the wrong ball rules, we can stay with it up to 2 (e) but from then on ...

Sent from my iPad

On 14 May 2016, at 6:25 PM, Brenda Evans <brenda@...> wrote:

Thank you, Jan.

Yes, I am aware of that but sometimes it is hard to find. Also, there are sometimes differing interpretations.

I like to confirm with the experts, as has happened today. Thank you, Tony and Barbara.

Brenda

On 14/05/2016 4:33 PM, Jan Sage wrote:
As we found at Taree’s recent Golf Croquet Carnival, the answer to all questions is in the Rules Book.
Jan Sage

Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Offside balls in GC

Hi Brenda
White is still OK as it reached that position having come off an opponent ball regardless of number of hoops scored. The question to ask after each hoop is how did that ball get there to determine if it is offside.
Cheers
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 May 2016, at 16:13, Brenda Evans <brenda@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I would just like to ask about a situation we had this morning.

Pink runs hoop 5

White is more than half way to hoop 6 but is not offside, having come off green.

Brown immediately runs hoop 6.

White has not moved but is also halfway to hoop 7 (coming from hoop 6)

Is White offside now?

I know this has happened occasionally when a player runs hoop 11 and, before all players have taken a turn, hoop 12 is run. The same question arises : are balls offside if they are still near hoop 11 (and therefore near hoopp 13)???

Thank you.

Brenda Evans