Re: Offside balls in GC

Barb Piggott

Hi Brenda
White is still OK as it reached that position having come off an opponent ball regardless of number of hoops scored. The question to ask after each hoop is how did that ball get there to determine if it is offside.
CheersĀ
Barb

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 May 2016, at 16:13, Brenda Evans <brenda@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I would just like to ask about a situation we had this morning.

Pink runs hoop 5

White is more than half way to hoop 6 but is not offside, having come off green.

Brown immediately runs hoop 6.

White has not moved but is also halfway to hoop 7 (coming from hoop 6)

Is White offside now?

I know this has happened occasionally when a player runs hoop 11 and, before all players have taken a turn, hoop 12 is run. The same question arises : are balls offside if they are still near hoop 11 (and therefore near hoopp 13)???

Thank you.

Brenda Evans