From: "Roger Evans rfkevans@... [cnswplayers]"
Date:06/05/2016 4:57 PM (GMT+10:00)
To: Croquet NSW Players list
Subject: [cnswplayers] List Problems

Hi CNSW players,

This list is hosted on a Yahoo Groups platform but Yahoo are not
improving it and, in fact, their service seems to be going backward. As
some of you may have experienced, it is cumbersome to change even
something as simple as an e-mail address and the complexity of joining
the list is such that it has it has put people off.

The Yahoo Groups platform was initially developed by a guy called Mark
Fletcher who subsequently sold it to Yahoo who have tended to let it
decline.

Mark Fletcher has been somewhat frustrated by this and so he has
developed a new e-mail list platform called 'Groups.io'. You can read a
bit of the history at:
https://wingedpig.com/2014/09/23/introducing-groups-io/

I manage a couple of other e-mail lists and have already changed one of
them over to the new 'groups.io' platform. This new platform is more
user friendly and easier to manage than the Yahoo platform and, though
it is still being developed, (its a Beta version) it is performing very
well and the listees are happy with it. Unless anyone has a problem
with changing to the new platform I propose that we transfer the
CNSWplayers group to it. The transfer can be carried out transparently
to all the existing subscribers and the only thing that would change
would be that to send a message to the list would go to
cnswplayers@groups.io rather thancnswplayers@...

Any Comments?

Cheers

Roger