Re: touching balls, Golf Croquet

Tony Hall

The only way I can play what amounts to a croquet
stroke from near hoop 1 and send a touching ball
out near corner 3 while sending my own striker's ball to hoop 2 is with a roll. It is physically
impossible to do that with a take-off, whether that is thin or thick.

Cheers,

Tony

At 12:57 PM 22/03/2016, you wrote:

Hi Tony,
Why?
Brenda

Sent from my iPad

On 22 Mar 2016, at 11:05, Tony Hall
<mailto:tony.hall@...>tony.hall@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...>cnswplayers@...> wrote:

But 10(b)(3) does apply if the stroke which
sent the Blue ball to corner 3 was a roll - which it must have been.

Cheers, Tony

At 09:26 AM 22/03/2016, alix verge
<mailto:alixverge@...>alixverge@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

Bummer ..... THWARTED.

Alix (mob)
0400 825 920

AUSTRALIA: RESETTLING BOAT PEOPLE SINCE 1788

From: "Roberta
<mailto:roberta_flint@...>roberta_flint@...
Date:21/03/2016 9:05 PM (GMT+10:00)
To: <mailto:cnswplayers@...>cnswplayers@...
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Golf Croquet

Ahhh!
Thanks Brenda

Cheers

Roberta

On 21 Mar 2016, at 9:00 pm, Brenda
<mailto:brenda@...>brenda@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...> cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Hello Roberta,
When the balls are close, there is a danger
of a double tap. If they are touching, it
does not matter how they are hit. The
situation usually arises when a ball is
partway through a hoop and an opponents ball
is on the other side ready to knock it out!
Brenda

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Mar 2016, at 18:58, Roberta
<mailto:roberta_flint@...>roberta_flint@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...> cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Why does having the balls touch resolve this?

Cheers

Roberta

On 21 Mar 2016, at 5:37 pm, 'Jan Sage'
<mailto:myoora803@...>myoora803@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...> cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Hi Brenda,

When people make such a claim – eg limit
of turns with close bbut non-touching
balls – I ask them to show me where it is
written iin the Rules or Tournament
Regulations. If it is not written, it does
not apply. Over time I have been
confronted by a number of quaint ideas,
such as “the mallet must not touch your
clothing•€� or “ the ball may
only be placed in C4, at the beginning of the game, with your hand.‬�

Jan Sage