Dear Alix,

Yes.

Tony

At 09:57 PM 21/03/2016, alix verge alixverge@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

From: "Roberta roberta_flint@...
Date:21/03/2016 9:05 PM (GMT+10:00)
To: cnswplayers@...
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Golf Croquet

Thanks Brenda

Cheers

Roberta

On 21 Mar 2016, at 9:00 pm, Brenda
<mailto:brenda@...>brenda@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...>cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Hello Roberta,
When the balls are close, there is a danger of
a double tap. If they are touching, it does not
matter how they are hit. The situation usually
arises when a ball is partway through a hoop
and an opponents ball is on the other side ready to knock it out!
Brenda

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Mar 2016, at 18:58, Roberta
<mailto:roberta_flint@...>roberta_flint@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...>cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Why does having the balls touch resolve this?

Cheers

Roberta

On 21 Mar 2016, at 5:37 pm, 'Jan Sage'
<mailto:myoora803@...>myoora803@...
[cnswplayers]
<<mailto:cnswplayers@...>cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Hi Brenda,

When people make such a claim – eg limit of
turns with close bbut non-touching balls – I
ask them to show me where it is written iin
the Rules or Tournament Regulations. If it is
not written, it does not apply. Over time I
have been confronted by a number of quaint
ideas, such as “the mallet must not touch
your clothing� or “ the ball may only be
placed in C4, at the beginning of the game, with your hand.�

Jan Sage