Re: Tertiary Balls

Brenda Evans <brenda@...>

Hi Jim, Margaret, Mary, Alan and All,
Thank you for your responses to my questions! It has been a very interesting exercise and it seems that whatever we like to call the colours the pairs are grey and orange against the other two, playing in the order set out by Jim! This afternoon I spoke to June Dawson in the hope that she might have given me the official names (which she could not remember) but indeed clarified the pairing!
No doubt there'll be confusion aplenty when 12 people are on the lawn together trying to work out which ball to hit and where they are going next!!
Thanks again
Brenda Evans

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Feb 2015, at 6:31 pm, Jim Hicks jimhicks@... [cnswplayers] <cnswplayers@...> wrote:

   Hullo Brenda and all,

The problem has arisen because when tertiary balls were first introduced, they came with Orange and Grey, v two shades of purple (say burgundy and mauve)
After a few years, the paler one, mauve (or lilac), was discontinued and a new greenish colour, aqua replaced it.
So now it is definitely Orange & Gray v Burgundy & Aqua, and the correct sequence would be:  Aqua (=Blue), Orange (=Red), Burgundy (=Black) and Gray (=Yellow)
I accept that there's not a lot of logic here, and not all clubs follow that sequence, however whenever you are compelled to triple bank, it does revert to "fun" games,
so if "Catfood and Dogfood" please you, then just enjoy it.
Cheers,
Jim Hicks.

On 09/02/2015, at 5:49 PM, Brenda Evans brenda@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

Hi Mary,
Thank you. We might have to take a vote on this, I think!!
Brenda

On 9/02/2015 5:44 PM, Gibson Maria mpagibson@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

Dear Brenda

To add to the confusion, Mosman has tertiary balls and they are referred to as:

Turquoise and Magenta  v  Gold and Silver.

Here's hoping you play the right ball.
Cheers
Mary Gibson

On 09/02/2015, at 5:40 PM, 'Alan Honey' atasteofhoney@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

I  always thought it was Orange and grey and purple and aqua but cat food and dog food made me laugh!

Cheers

Alan