Re: GC Wrong Ball Rules

Peter Freer

Wal is correct, although I’m sympathetic to Arthur’s position.  I was too hasty re the very last bit of my previous reply…

Rule 5(f) says the wrong balls have to be noticed before all 4 balls are played in.  Once yellow has been played, then Rule 11 does apply and Yellow is then a wrong partner ball error for playing after Blue  (unless the striker of Yellow didn’t own Yellow, in which case it’s a full wrong ball fault).  Yellow is put back and Red should play…

In hindsight I think 5(f) should say “…noticed before the fifth turn…”

Regards, peter