Re: Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

Max Murray

Hello Barbara

Pardon my ignorance but where is Riverstone in Sydney and what accommodation is available nearby ?      We are ex Vics and don't know Sydney all that well. 

Many thanks.
Regards
Max Murray.

Sent from my iPad

On 28 Jul 2014, at 4:35 pm, "Barb Piggott barbpiggott55@... [cnswplayers]" <cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Hi All

I have read with interest all the responses on this topic along with discussion on another forum and have come to the conclusion that most players that play in CNSW events are not happy with the Tempe venue especially on Sundays.

The work being conducted by the Working Group is very valuable but has at least two to three months to go before it is finalised. As I first heard about the Riverstone venue in March this year one has to wonder how long this venue will available as an option should the results from the Working Group recommend a move from Tempe. It would appear that it will not now be seriously discussed at Council until at least the December meeting.

As a Director of a Registered Club I am aware that an asset such as Riverstone cannot sit idle for an extended period of time before the Board has to make recommendations to members about the future of the site.

My questions are:

1.  Has the Executive engaged in dialogue with Riverstone RSL Club as to how long they are prepared to leave the site as is until they make recommendations to their members on its future use.

2. As the site is not currently in use, have the lawns deteriorated during this period or are they still being maintained - my guess is they will not be spending a lot of money on an asset that is not producing revenue.

3. How long is the current lease at Tempe as this will also impact on any move should that be the recommendation from the Working Group and Council members when it is finally discussed.

Cheers

Barb

On Sunday, 27 July 2014 5:45 PM, "Tim Murphy tim@... [cnswplayers]" <cnswplayers@...> wrote:

Margaret

Thank you for reminding me of something I forgot to add to my previous email. 

The facilities at Tempe are appualing and weekend play is ridiculous. I support a HQ in Sydney basin but not Tempe as it currently stands. I would only support Tempe as our HQ if we were the only users of the venue. An unlikely outcome I'm sure. 

Tim

On Sunday, July 27, 2014, Margaret Sawers margaretsawers1@... [cnswplayers] <cnswplayers@...> wrote:

I agree with Jan, The atmosphere at clubs when tournaments are held away from Tempe is far superior to that at Tempe plus the facilities at Tempe are far from satisfactory. Weekends at Tempe are a nightmare and Regional clubs would be more likely to be willing to host events if they were given a  reasonable  financial encouragement.
Margaret
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:32 PM
Subject: RE: [cnswplayers] Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

Well said, Jan.

Everybody who has ever played in a CNSW tournament - and especially everyone who has decided NOT to enter a CNSW tournament should complete this survey.

Alix.

To: cnswplayers@...
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 15:53:44 +1000
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

The question of Tempe – and anywhere else - as CNSW Headquarters has been discussed for as long as I have been involved in croquet [since January 1994].
There is no expensive headquarters for Golf, Bowls, Hockey, Basketball, Cricket – competitions and championships are played at various venues throughout the state or country.
Money spent on maintenance of Tempe courts could be shared among the hosting venues – standard of facilities at regional clubs could be improved and players outside Sydney would see our better players and have the experience of playing with or against them. 
Division 1 Golf Croquet is currently being played at Forster, with the biggest entry ever – nearly 3 X the number last played in this event at Tempe. Every year there are listed state events that are not played because there are insufficient entries.

The little back rooms – with no kitchen facilities or hot water – are an absolute disgrace and embarrassment.

This is not a question for club committees, but for every individual member of Croquet NSW.

Jan Sage
Taree Croquet Club

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [cnswplayers] Reminder: CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by Monday 4 August

Dear Brenda

The Mosman Croquet Club will be discussing this at their next meeting on 9 August and will reply.  The survey has been sent out to members but we must appreciate that a lot of new members have no idea of what Tempe is like or even have a valued opinion.  If the time could be extended to just after 9 August, we will have had a discussion with older members who will have a better understanding of the issues.  Personally I think it a good idea to have cluster clubs get together to discuss issues (there will be a difference between country and city perceptions) and ventilate opinions.  Not easy.  We do appreciate the survey and will get back to you after 9 August.

Regards
Mary Gibson
Secretary

On 27/07/2014, at 9:50 AM, Brenda Evans brenda@... [cnswplayers] wrote:

Hello Croquet players,
I am disappointed to see that only 170 responses have been received so
far, for this survey (ie. 170 out of more than 3,000 in the state)
I am not part of the working group, but I am concerned that there are
not enough people taking the time to put in an opinion. Please take the
time to do so, if you have not already, and please spread the word among
your playing colleagues so that the working group will get a result from
the wider community, as we are all part of this organisation and we all
pay affiliation fees.
Brenda Evans

> Thank you all for forwarding this survey to individual members. We
> have considered it very important to hear directly from individual
> members as part of this process so your assistance in this has been
> appreciated.
>
> This is a reminder that the HQ working group is seeking input from
> each of you on this important topic. Thanks to those that have already
> completed this survey.

> FYI to date over 170 people have taken the time to complete the
> survey, thanks to you all. For those that haven't, it is not too late!!!
>
> Please click on this link: HQ Member Survey
> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
> (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP) which will take you to the
> survey (remember there are 12 questions, over 4 pages, please use the
> "next" button at the bottom of each page).
>
> While it is preferred that you submit your response on line, a PDF
> version of the survey is attached if you require a paper version, this
> is for printing out only, not for use as a PDF form. Please mail any
> paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>
> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
> respond as soon as possible.
>
> Regards
> Nick Chapman
> Working Group Chair
>
>> *Subject:* *CNSW Headquarters Member Survey - Please Complete by
>> Monday 4 August*
>>
>>
>>
>> Dear Secretaries
>> Please on forward this email to your members ASAP. Note the survey
>> will also be distributed via other mail groups but your co-operation
>> in reaching maximum membership is most appreciated.
>> ____________________________________________________
>>
>> Dear CNSW Members
>>
>> As you may be aware, CNSW is currently considering the function,
>> shape and location of the state headquarters, currently located at
>> Tempe in Sydney.
>>
>> To assist these considerations, the CNSW Executive has convened a
>> small working group to look at options and analysis with regard to
>> CNSW state headquarters. We see the resolution of this issue as a
>> pivotal one for croquet and other mallet sports in NSW, one that will
>> potentially influence the shape of the game and its administration in
>> the state for the next 20 years.
>>
>> As part of its information gathering for this project, the working
>> group is seeking to understand your thoughts, as an individual member
>> of CNSW, about retention of a CNSW state headquarters and how it
>> should conduct HQ associated activities. Some of you would be aware
>> that a number of options have been recently canvassed via email and
>> submissions to the Executive, these will be considered in the course
>> of the work of this group.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you, as an individual member of
>> CNSW, could assist by briefly providing the information sought in the
>> survey that can be accessed via this link: HQ Member Survey
>> <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RY7B8SP>
>>
>> While it is preferred that members submit their responses on line a
>> PDF version of the survey is also attached if members require a paper
>> version. Please mail any paper based responses to CNSW HQ at PO Box
>> 5096, Marrickville NSW 1475.
>>
>> The survey period will close on Monday 4 August so it is important to
>> respond as soon as possible.
>>
>> Secretary CNSW on behalf of the Working Group

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

Join cnswplayers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.