From: cnswplayers@...
[mailto:cnswplayers@...] On Behalf Of Gibson Maria
Sent: Sunday, 5 February 2012 12:22 PM
To: cnswplayers@...
Subject: [cnswplayers] Golf Croquet

Dear all
It is wonderful to read the diversity of ideas.
A few ideas of my own:
1 I believe the division range too wide. There is a substantial
difference (Div 2) between a player on 5 and one on 8 and players on 5
play doubles to stay on 5 particularly at the time of Pennants. To
discourage this we should narrow the division range. I think we
should go back to handicaps of 1 to 10 with first-time players
commencing on 9. The divisions could then be, Division 1 (handicaps
1-3), Division 2 (handicaps 4-6), Division 3 (handicaps 7-9).
2 Players in the middle range of a division who start to come "down
the ladder" should not go past the bottom line of that division. They
remain there until they "climb up". (Incidentally I believe this
should also apply to Association Croquet). I could not believe
(refereeing a GC Pennants match) that one of the players was down to
10. Another loss and she would have been wiped off the planet.
3 I also believe that double-taps should be abolished because of
the
diversity of judgments of referees, let alone players. They can cause
angst and friction in a match and add too much complexity to the game
which is not really needed.
4 When I started playing Golf Croquet (over 14 years ago), if you
"snuck" your ball into a hoop which was not "running the hoop" then
you had to hit it back out again. I suppose good "jump shot" player
would not like this but it is worth considering for Division 3.
All for now.
Mary Gibson
Mosman

Yahoo!7 Groups Links