Topics

Contract breach on Anglo Indian film

jmselva

Hi everyone.

I am having a problem with a company I made a film for recently.
The company is based in London, but the owners are from India
The film was shot in Kashmir and Birmingham.

They are in contract breach with me, doing right now the grading
of this feature film with another DoP although my contract says
that I would be the one supervising it.

The contract also mentions that I will receive front and end DoP credits
as well as a 2K copy of the finished film after post.
Given that they have not respected the first point, I expect they will
not respect the two other.

On a side note, this other DoP also shot in June some pick up shots
for about a week. This does not compare with the three months shoot
I did and the six months prior involvement with constructive exchanges, a.s.o.
Still I can see he is already credited as DoP on IMDB and his name
actually comes before mine…

I was wondering what you think I could do at this point.
Maybe someone can recommend a good London film lawyer too ?

Thanks a lot.
JMS.

Jean Marc Selva, A.F.C.
Director of photography, Paris. / London
Tel : +33 682 948 748
Skype : jeanmarcselva
http://www.jeanmarcselva.com
London agent : Bigfish Management,
Gregory Apprey : +44 208 450 6444

Franz

Hi Jean,
Sad to hear about it.
Get in touch with Richard Slade, he is top entertainment lawyer, say hi from me:

Richard Slade and Company
Ground Floor East
9 Gray's Inn Square
Gray's Inn
London WC1R 5JD

DX 141
London/ Chancery Lane

t: 020 3330 0912

I hope it gets sorted out.
Best
franz

--
Franz Pagot AIC MBKS
Cinematographer

Represented by WPA | Worldwide Production Agency
+44(0)207 287 9564 | www.wp-a.co.uk

On 27 Nov 2017, at 12:13, jmselva <jmselva@...> wrote:

Hi everyone.

I am having a problem with a company I made a film for recently.
The company is based in London, but the owners are from India
The film was shot in Kashmir and Birmingham.

jmselva

Thank you so much Franz.
I appreciate.
JMS.

Jean Marc Selva, A.F.C.
Director of photography, Paris. / London
Tel : +33 682 948 748
Skype : jeanmarcselva
http://www.jeanmarcselva.com
London agent : Bigfish Management,
Gregory Apprey : +44 208 450 6444

Le 27 nov. 2017 à 13:19, Franz <franpagot@...> a écrit :

Richard Slade and Company

Emmanuel SUYS

Hi Jean Marc,

Sorry to hear, I think I know who you are talking about. Sounds familiar.

Anyway, one point, which was discussed during a camerimage workshop this
year, to take into account. is the final jurisdiction of the contract
with coproductions involving several countries. As you mentioned an
Anglo-Indian film this might be an issue, as this could mean the
jurisdiction is in India. Only thought of mentioning this.

Hope you sort this out.

Cheers
Manu, Berlin

On 27/11/17 12:13, jmselva wrote:
Hi everyone.

I am having a problem with a company I made a film for recently.
-- 1st Asst Cinematography - 1st Asst Kinematografie - 1er Asst
Photographie Cinématographique *16-35-HD-HiSpeed *HiSpeed Operator
*Digital On Set Supervision *bvk-SSFV *European based *Mobil
+491608036889 *emmanuel at suys.de *Cinematography Mailing List
Moderator - CML

Franz

On 27 Nov 2017, at 21:37, Emmanuel SUYS <emmanuel.cml@...> wrote:
Anglo-Indian film this might be an issue, as this could mean the
jurisdiction is in India.
Hi Jean,
in that case, get in touch with:

Kushal Ramotre,