Topics

Average Italian Filmcrew Rates

Emmanuel SUYS

Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can find Crew Rates for Italy. Mine is about
2011/2012 old, so need some update on that.

Also anything related to working and pay conditions in Italy much welcome.

Any hint or information is more than appreciated.

Best Regards

Emmanuel, Munich Germany

-- 1st Asst Cinematography - 1st Asst Kinematografie - 1er Asst
Photographie Cinématographique *16-35-HD-HiSpeed *HiSpeed Operator
*Digital On Set Supervision *bvk-SSFV *European based *Mobil
+491608036889 *emmanuel at suys.de *Cinematography Mailing List
Moderator - CML

Matteo Castelli

Hi Emmanuel,

rates for a Dop in Italy are pretty variable, as elsewhere actually.

It depends on who you are and about the project, how long it is, how big, and so on.

I think that €350 per day is a basic starting point.

For a 1st AC starting rate should be 200/220 per day.

Working conditions are 9hrs+1 but again you normally make an agreement with the company to be all happy.

Matteo Castelli

Cinematographer - Film and Video Production
www.matteocastelli.mela-online.it
+39 333 649 4031 - Florence, Milan - Italy

Nota di Riservatezza (D.L. 196/2003 - ex Legge 675/96). Il presente messaggio, allegati inclusi, è personale, ed è rivolto unicamente alla persona a cui è indirizzato. Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore o comunque lo leggesse senza esserne legittimato è avvertito che trattenerlo, copiarlo, divulgarlo, distribuirlo a persone diverse dal destinatario è severamente proibito ed è pregato di rinviarlo immediatamente al mittente distruggendone l'originale. Grazie.
Confidentiality note: This message, including all attachments, is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If anyone receives this message by mistake or reads it without entitlement is forewarned that keeping, copying, disseminating or distributing it to people other than the addressee(s) is strictly forbidden and is asked to transmit to the sender and to erase the original received. Thank you.

* Rispetta l'ambiente: se non è necessario, non stampare questa mail
* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Il 27/11/17 08:48, Emmanuel SUYS ha scritto:

Greetings,

Does anyone know where I can find Crew Rates for Italy. Mine is about
2011/2012 old, so need some update on that.

Also anything related to working and pay conditions in Italy much welcome.

Any hint or information is more than appreciated.

Best Regards

Emmanuel, Munich Germany

-- 1st Asst Cinematography - 1st Asst Kinematografie - 1er Asst
Photographie Cinématographique *16-35-HD-HiSpeed *HiSpeed Operator
*Digital On Set Supervision *bvk-SSFV *European based *Mobil
+491608036889 *emmanuel at suys.de *Cinematography Mailing List
Moderator - CML

Paolo Gobbi

Dear Emmanuel,
9hrs+1, somewhere 8hrs+1;
1stAC, Gaffer, Grip : €280
2nd : €220
Video Assist: €180
DIT : €250 plus his own stuff
Overtime rates depend where you shooting.

/Paolo Gobbi, “spin the white circle” Milan based

Paolo Gobbi 3386535333

Il giorno 27 nov 2017, alle ore 09:23, Matteo Castelli <matteo@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Hi,

Thanks for the replies but I am a little surprised.
The rates that I have for 2011 are above those so far quoted? The rates
I and my colleagues were paid in 2014 by Italian Production Company was
way far above? We are talking Feature Film/Advertising rates. Is there
any chart or table, also is there any document outlining working
conditions set out by some guild or society or union. I remember vaguely
some document but cannot find it and it is most likely out of date.  I
need information on travel, per diems, overtime, pension, sick leaf,
payment conditions and so forth... the usual stuff.

Cheers

Emmanuel

-- 1st Asst Cinematography - 1st Asst Kinematografie - 1er Asst
Photographie Cinématographique *16-35-HD-HiSpeed *HiSpeed Operator
*Digital On Set Supervision *bvk-SSFV *European based *Mobil
+491608036889 *emmanuel at suys.de *Cinematography Mailing List
Moderator - CML

Michael Brennan

What were the rates in 2011?
What rates are suggested by cmlers today?

Mike Brennan
DP

The contents of this email are confidential

Luca Nervegna

Hello Emmanuel!

I quote rates that Paolo Gobbi gives

Luca Nervegna
Cinematographer
--
Luca Nervegna www.lucanervegna.com +39 3357428311

Michele Brandstetter de Bellesini

Hello!

For the crew I quote Paolo too,
As for cinematographer for advertising is about  1500€ per day, no overtime, for features is lower, like 3000/5000€ per week.

Best

Michele Brandstetter de Bellesini A.I.C.

Il giorno 27 nov 2017, alle ore 10:52, Emmanuel SUYS <emmanuel.cml@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Shilpa Mankikar

Good timing - I just screened in Rome & am looking for a local Co-producer for a future project if anyone has rec’s.
Thanks.
Shilpa

Sent from my iPhone
Shilpa Mankikar
Writer/Director/Producer
Film TV Digital
+1.646.234.4846 cell

On Nov 27, 2017, at 10:27 AM, Paolo Gobbi <paologobbi81@...> wrote:

[...]

John Tipton

I’m Shooting a doc series in Turin right now.

My DIT tells me AC/ DIT rate for commercials is €250-300 for 9+1.
Full commercial DIT cart is around €500/day.
Key Grip and Gaffer  €300 9+1

Definitely seems pretty low. But I’m being told that’s how it is here in Italy at the moment.

This is all commercial rates, I’m told as well.

Best!

John Tipton
DP LA based

--
John Tipton
Cinematographer

Francesco Scazzosi

I can confirm that John’s  details are accurate.
The Dit equipment rates are very variabile . It depends on the workflow . But yes for commercials should be around 500 euros/ day
Ciao !
Enjoy shooting in Italy !

Il giorno lun 27 nov 2017 alle 13:58 John Tipton <johnstipton@...> ha scritto:

I’m Shooting a doc series in Turin right now.

My DIT tells me AC/ DIT rate for commercials is €250-300 for 9+1.
Full commercial DIT cart is around €500/day.
Key Grip and Gaffer  €300 9+1

Definitely seems pretty low. But I’m being told that’s how it is here in Italy at the moment.

This is all commercial rates, I’m told as well.

Best!

John Tipton
DP LA based

--
John Tipton
Cinematographer
www.johntipton.com
213-268-4210

--
Francesco Scazzosi
-
Digital Imaging Technician
-
Mobile +393494346032
Mail francescoscazzosi@...
Skype - franzsca
Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3815841/

Onno Perdijk (SGS)

Hello All,

The NSC (Dutch Society of Cinematographers) has a great (free!) app available on the app-store (Apple and Android) for getting a better insight of crew-fee’s worldwide.

It has not a differentiation between documentary, feature or commercial, although it is mainly focused on what tv-producers have in their budget.

Good luck,

Onno

=+=+=+=+

Solid Grip Systems

Onno Perdijk

Emrikweg 27

2031BT Haarlem

Amsterdam Area

+3123 737 0368 (tel)

+31655 863 858 (mobile)

+1 845 201 7129 (USA)

onno@...

www.solidgripsystems.eu

Nikolay Kerezov

Thats great info!
Thanks Oh.....nooooo ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Nov 2017, at 19:45, Onno Perdijk (SGS) <cml@...> wrote:

Hello All,

The NSC (Dutch Society of Cinematographers) has a great (free!) app available on the app-store (Apple and Android) for getting a better insight of crew-fee’s worldwide.

It has not a differentiation between documentary, feature or commercial, although it is mainly focused on what tv-producers have in their budget.

Good luck,

Onno

=+=+=+=+

Solid Grip Systems

Onno Perdijk

Emrikweg 27

2031BT Haarlem

Amsterdam Area

+3123 737 0368 (tel)

+31655 863 858 (mobile)

+1 845 201 7129 (USA)

onno@...

www.solidgripsystems.eu

jmselva

Yes, great news, but what is the name of the app !
Thanks, JMS.

Jean Marc Selva, A.F.C.
Director of photography, Paris. / London
Tel : +33 682 948 748
Skype : jeanmarcselva
http://www.jeanmarcselva.com
London agent : Bigfish Management,
Gregory Apprey : +44 208 450 6444

Le 27 nov. 2017 à 18:46, Nikolay Kerezov <nkerezov@...> a écrit :

[...]

Film crew fees

Ciao,  Onno

Yes, great news, but what is the name of the app !

Thanks, JMS.

Paolo Gobbi

Interesting app then but,
almost never, we got differences in levels.
Would be very useful, match each other rate’s experiences.
In the end, I know, it always depends of project, production etc...

/Paolo Gobbi, focus hunter, Milano IT

Il giorno 27 nov 2017, alle ore 19:13, jmselva <jmselva@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Greetings again,

Thank you everyone for the answers. As far as my list of 2011 is
concerned it is on my desk and currently on a shoot in Berlin. But I
will gladly post some prices when back in Munich on Friday.

I understand that the recent economic events  across in particular
southern europe play an important role, but still I am surprised.

Some other questions:
What do people mean by 9+1, does 1 mean lunchbreak? Is the break
deductable or included in the day fee.

What is a normal working week, how many hours before overtime starts?
Also if I understand it in Rome max 5day/week elsewhere it seems
6day/week. So how do the hours work per se?

When I worked in Austria my contract was either 5day week, at 12 hrs/day
or 6day week at 10 hrs/day.  Something similar in Italy?

Cheers for now, and again thanks for the various answers so far.

Manny, Berlin