ISO someplace to donate women's style winter coat and kid's snow boots

aniramybur

Hi,

I have a women's winter coat (small size, it appears to be water resistant or water proof, brand new) and kid's snow boots (size 4, like new) to give to a family or families in real need. If you know of or are working with someone who could use either of these please let me know [aniramybur @ gmail dot com], or perhaps you know about a nearby coat donation drop location. Otherwise I will bring them to the Green Drop truck in Friendship Heights.

Thanks,
Debbie Ben-David

Elizabeth Lee

Hi Debbie,

The St. Albans Opportunity Shop (3001 Wisconsin Ave.) Opportunity Shop | St. Alban's Episcopal Church (stalbansdc.org) is re-opening this Saturday, December 3. We keep prices low, to serve everyone, and proceeds go to charities across the city. We would be delighted to accept your lightly used clothing (men's, women's and children's), among other things.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Lee
38th St.

Barbara Z

Debbie,

You might check with the shelter for women and children on Idaho Avenue next to the police station. During the pandemic, I knitted children’s hats and scarves and dropped them off at the front desk, and asked them to give them to residents.

Barbara
Norton Place
Editor's note: The short-stay family housing facility on Idaho Avenue is called The Brooks. Questions and donations are handled through Friendship Place, https://friendshipplace.org/programs-outreach/ward-3-family-housing-facility/
Here's the web page with information about in-kind donations: https://friendshipplace.org/give/supply-an-essential/ or contact Chris Cannedy at (202) 956-8934 or ccannedy@... [ccannedy @ friendshipplace dot org] for more information.