ISO floor refinishing #homerepair

diane millman

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for someone who specializes in refinishing wooden floors? 

Diane Millman

Joan Jorgenson

AG Floors (Rockville MD) refinished (and in a few places repaired) my parquet floors (they do all kinds of flooring) in my Cleveland Park Ordway Gardens Condo. They did an amazing job. I got three quotes and their quote was the most reasonable. I highly recommend them. They were very professional and efficient. I didn't know which color of varnish to choose, so they brought several samples to compare on a small section of the floor. It really helped me to make a decision. Their number is 301-984-7469. Samuel Angel came to the condo and gave me the free quote and Theresa handled the logistics. So glad I chose to refinish the floors rather than replace. Check out their website at http://www.agfloors.com. 

Good luck with your project! 

Joan 

- original message - 
I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for someone who specializes in refinishing wooden floors? 

Randi

I would like to take this opportunity to recommend Angel Floors, Inc, of Silver Spring MD.
Angelfloors.com; angelfloors@....

This company got outstanding ratings on Checkbook.com, Yelp, etc and on this list. You can read about their accomplishments there.

Roxana takes the lead in communicating by phone and email, arranging to do her estimate and following up quickly. I noticed how much she notices. She saw the problems of the job right away: that my floor isn’t even, the front is on concrete, the back half on wood, and the junction between the two needs leveling and repair. Other details that would need to be worked around she quickly grasped, before I mentioned them.  She presented a variety of options for dealing with the staircase.  She also told me what I needed to do (remove carpet but not underlayment) so that her husband could come to accurately assess the defect in the floor. The estimate she provided explained details and options and prices for each component. 

I did a lot of homework to learn about the pros and cons of flooring choices. LVP was much more practical for this area than hardwood or engineered. One store I consulted brought samples. Three whole boxes of luxury vinyl planks, different colors, etc. so that I could lay them out to compare and arrange. 

Roxana called to discuss her bringing samples of what she could supply. I explained the above and told her I concluded that I didn’t like how any of the LVP looked, on my floor or on the computer sites I had looked at, and I was going to go with re-carpeting.

While not liking to talk herself out of business, as she said, she agreed with me. No vinyl plank would look even tolerable in contrast to the hardwood floor of the room this hallway led to, to say nothing of the cost and inconvenience of preparing the floor properly for planks.It’s fine as is for carpet.

I really appreciated her time and expertise. I wanted to send her a consultation fee that she surely earned. Boy, did she get mad (in the nicest way). She was persuasive, insistent and convincing that she did not want that and would not accept it. I thanked her again for her generosity and told her that I would tell my story.

Randi Seitz
Woodley Place

- original message -