ISO Muralist

Helen Qubain

Hello all,

I would like to find a muralist to add something fun in our house. Does anyone have someone who has done murals in your home that you could recommend?

Thanks,
Helen

Rita Guenther <ritaguenther@...>

Hi Helen,

I would HIGHLY recommend Cherif Mamadou. He paints and draws and sculpts in a variety of styles and has been commissioned by DC apartment managers to paint murals inside their lobbies, etc.  He has also done murals around town outside. He was an art teacher at Sidwell Friends (I've tried to purchase paintings from his students, but they aren't selling while in school). He has also held gallery exhibitions here and in NYC. When you Google him, just note that he paints in many, many styles and not all of them are shown.

He is a very humble person and lives a simple life, and values art over profit so his costs are very reasonable. He has a deep spirit and gives every work his rich intuition, his empathetic and sharp eye, and a sprinkle of his good humor and irony.

You can reach him on his cell phone at 571-230-5480 or via email at dounouyan16@...

Have fun with this project!

Rita S. Guenther
202-430-2828

I would like to find a muralist to add something fun in our house. Does anyone have someone who has done murals in your home that you could recommend?

juliemack1@...

You may wish to contact Tania Lee at tania@.... I have only seen her amazing work.
http://tanialeeillustration.com/

Julie

Susan McDonald

I second this recommendation! Cherif’s work is beautiful.

Susan
Klingle Rd

[...]

Eric Weinstein

Look up Rose Jaffe at https://rosejaffe.myportfolio.com/murals . Local, and excellent muralist.

Eric Weinstein

Gena Feith

Patrick Kirwin is excellent, affordable and a delight to work with. He’s taught at the Art League for years.
https://patrickkirwin.com/

--
Gena Feith

Danna McCormick <dannam@...>

Two recommendations:

Billet Collins. They do bespoke paintings of floor, furniture, textiles, and just about anything you can think of. They did a custom textured painting in my kitchen and powder room. Beautiful.
https://billetcollins.com/custom-murals/
Amy and Barbara
301-670-5550
info@...

Ashley Spencer, in Alexandria, who does imaginative murals of all kinds.
https://www.ashley-spencer.com/murals/
Ashley Spencer
703-549-1622
casart@...